Talent Retention And Assessment
Our client, a large international pharmaceutical-related organization was facing issues regarding retention and recruitment of highly-skilled scientific first line managers. There was concern whether the right people with the right skills were in the right supervisory positions in order to positively impact a retention culture. Senior management wanted to ensure that current employees were being properly developed in terms of their leadership skills and abilities.
- We worked with senior management to develop a customized 360° assessment identifying the leadership and management competencies required for success
- Our team completed one-on-one interviews with 160 current managers/directors throughout the US and UK better understanding their career interests, strengths, and development needs. Additionally we interviewed each senior manager of the identified managers/directors.
- Working in conjunction with the managers/directors, we created 3-5 year development plans that included: stretch assignments, internal coaches for style issues, and formal training opportunities (through articles, books, local universities, workshops, etc).
- Our team met in one-on-one 2-hour coaching sessions with each manager using the 360°, a behavioral style profile, and the initial development plans. Specific yearly actions were developed and became part of the individual’s performance management process.
- Upon completing plans, we developed a summary report with recommendations based on the data and each manager’s individual career interests for the VP of the division. Additionally there was a sustainability and follow-up process included for the actions.
- Today, the company has re-arranged some individuals into better suited positions – resulting in better performance for the company and greater happiness for the employees.
- Employees saw the process as a major benefit and differentiator from the competitor (relating to retention and recruitment) since the company was involved in understanding the manager’s career interests and invested in their own development.
- Managers are better skilled since the company invested in training recommended in the plan and immediate managers were involved in meeting with employees and coaching them on the specific actions.
Click here to learn more about our Talent Management services.