Aligning The Team After A Merger – Facilitation
A private equity firm purchased two software companies with the intent of integrating both management teams. An outside CEO was hired and assembled his immediate management team. The senior leadership team as well as the management levels under the senior leadership needed to know how to best work together and develop knowledge and trust of each other – as well as how to integrate their next level managers.
- We planned and facilitated the first off-site meeting with both management teams – including an introduction dinner (getting to know each other better), a behavioral style (DISC) assessment with team results, and a getting to know the CEO better session. These “people” sessions were integrated with goals for the year, the CEO’s vision, and report-outs from the different divisions.
- We worked with an internal team (consisting of the CEO, CFO, HR VP and General Counsel) to develop an integration plan that included new structure, next-level down management, and communication processes.
- Our team facilitated specific integration meetings with division leaders and their direct reports helping them identify the new structures, metrics, operating processes, and employees to fit the new structures.
- Today, the company has successfully announced the new structure and integrated their managers into one structure.
- Managers were involved in the process of determining the best structure for their division and recommending individuals for the slots. HR became a catalyst rather than mandating changes.
- Multiple forms of communication and hands-on participation helped retain talent during a difficult transition.
Click here to learn more about our expertise in Mergers & Acquisitions.