Training & Development
A key characteristic of successful organizations is the value they place on their most important assets. . .their people. Where employees are considered the most valuable resource, productivity and morale are high. Investing in the development of people can bring impressive payoffs. Consider Hayes your human resource investment advisor for training & development.
Hayes’ training and development services help clients increase the value of their people by increasing skills and competencies. These include enhanced skills in the following:
- supervision management
- personal development
- team development
- meeting management
- stress management
- performance management
- customer service
Training & Development Process
Several steps are required to develop these skills and competencies: designing the program content, choosing appropriate training methods, producing training materials, testing the program, training trainers and evaluating the results. Hayes helps clients perform any and all of these stops.
The Customization Process
We begin developing a customized training program by conducting on-site research to gather relevant information. Then the design is chosen, appropriate topics selected, and training units written. Realistic videotaped action examples may also be produced.
The Training Process
Our training process is highly interactive, challenging participants to apply new learning to their real-world situations. The training methods may involve one-on-one sessions with coaching, simulated role-play and videotaping, or group sessions using team development approaches. The results are immediate application of new skills and new behaviors back on the job.
Hayes provides skilled trainers from our professional staff. If, however, the client wishes to use their own training staff to conduct the program, we provide training certification to ensure quality delivery, both competence and confidence. We provide tools for clients to evaluate results, or we perform the entire task and report the results to you.
Our training programs are as varied as the clients’ needs. Our core training programs, available as Limited Enrollment Workshops, may also be customized to meet your group’s specific needs.
We begin developing a customized training program by conducting on-site research to gather relevant information. The design for the program is chosen, appropriate topics selected, and training units written. Realistic video-recorded action examples may also be produced.
Some of the courses we offer include:
- Becoming an Exceptional Leader
- Coaching for Peak Performance
- Commitment to Excellence through Team Development
- Creating a High Performing Organization (Team Skills)
- Getting Results through People (Basic Supervisory Skills)
- Lean Enterprise Leadership
- Making Effective Presentations
- Managing Change
- Managing Time & Delegating Effectively
- Maximizing Insight
- Negotiating Skills (Introduction and Advanced)
- Performance Management Process
- Putting People at the Heart of High Performance
- Influencing Skills
- Planning and Team Development
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- The Belief System™ (a Team Approach to Increased Motivation and Improved Performance)
- The Leadership Edge
Our Video Recorded Method
The proven Hayes training method has helped more than 160,000 participants through Tell, Show, Do, and Feedback.
- Tell – The trainers share key concepts with the participants with active participant involvement and lively discussion process and how it relates to them.
- Show – The trainers demonstrate the core skills necessary to accomplish the best results from the skill being trained.
- Do – Participants practice real-world meeting situations that they bring from their own environment. These situations are video-recorded for later feedback.
- Feedback – In small groups, the participants and a trainer review the DVDs, analyze them in relation to the skills being developed, and give each other helpful feedback. The trainer also gives constructive feedback to each of the participants.