Starting your New Year with some Leadership Introspection
Great leaders practice self-awareness and self-reflection!
This week pause for 15 minutes and think about these questions (from Michael Watson author of “The First 90 Days”). Write down your answers (goals written often look different than those that are only verbal).
Challenges and Opportunities:
• In what areas is your business (or team or department) most likely to face stiff challenges in the coming year? What can be done now to prepare for them?
• What are the most promising unexploited opportunities? What would need to happen to realize their potential?
Barriers and Resources
• What are the most formidable barriers to making needed changes in your business or department? Are they technical? Cultural? Political?
• Are there areas of excellence or other high-quality resources that you can leverage?
• What new capabilities need to be developed or acquired?
• Which elements of the culture should be preserved in 2018?
• Which elements need to change?
Mike Comer is President for The Hayes Group International, Inc. His responsibility is for the areas of organizational and team development, leadership assessment and development (executive coaching), and training development and delivery. He has over 25 years consulting experience with both Fortune 50 companies as well as smaller organizations in organizational development, leadership assessment and development (executive coaching), and training development and delivery. Mike started… Read more »