Providing Excellent Customer Service:
The Objective of our Customer Service training program is to provide you with the knowledge to improve your ability to achieve customer service excellence by meeting and/or exceeding customers’ expectations during customer calls and interactions. We will discuss the following:
Introduction – What is Customer Excellent Service?
It is providing assistance and advice to those people who buy or use the company’s products or services; however, this service must be provided in a timely, efficient and customer-satisfaction focus.to achieve excellence. Here are the elements of Excellent Customer Service:
- Provide Friendly Service
- Demonstrate that You Care
- Show Appreciation for the Customer’s Business
- Utilize Customer-Focused Problem-Solving Skills
- Ask for Feedback after Problem is Solved
- Thank Them Again for their Business/Close the Conversation
Why is Customer Service so Important? What is the Positive End Result You Want to Achieve?
- Customer Retention and Growth – We want to both maintain our current customers and grow our business by acquiring new customers.
- Social Media – Bad customer service becomes very visible due to social media and online reviews; this negatively impacts a company’s ability to maintain current customers and attract new customers.
- Verbal Reputation – Each unhappy customer tells a number of his/her friends and relatives in addition to possibly giving negative online reviews.
- Bottom Line – With each customer who doesn’t receive appropriate customer service, we potentially lose 10 or more customers who hear the negative feedback about the company.
Important Areas for Customer Service Success
- Task Clarity – Employee Accountabilities and Expectations
- Task Priority – Quality and Quantity Goals
- Competence – Skill and Motivation
- Overcoming Obstacles – Real or Imagined
- Performance Feedback – Clear and Timely Feedback is needed
- Role-Person Match – Ability to Multi-Task, deal with numerous phone calls & adapt to a quick- paced environment
Communication Skills: How Do You Determine the Customer’s Need? Answer their Question and/or Solve their Problem?
- Utilize Strong Listening Skills
- Ask Pointed Questions
- Reiterate your Understanding of the Question or Problem
- Determine Best Approach to Resolve the Issue
Examples of Good Customer Service – Case Studies for Review
- Change the Billing Date – Phone Service Payment Billing
- Reduce the Cost of the Service – Internet Provider Costs Keep Increasing
- Customer is Double Billed and Accidentally Overpaid – Agent quickly got the situation resolved and customer was reimbursed for the overage
- Technical Customer Service Assistant – provided more information about the products and how to improve its use and reduce potential future problems
Handling Difficult Situations – Case Studies for Group Discussion
- You Can’t Give the Customer What They Want – Break it to them with empathy and Explain the Reason Behind this Decision.
- The Customer is so Angry You Don’t Know What the Problem is – Use Empathy to Calm the Person Down so you can identify the Problem.
- Electricity is Down; You can’t Fix that Yourself – Tell Them When the Problem should be Fixed and offer to provide feedback to Keep them Informed Ongoing.
- First four sections would be covered in approximately 20 minutes each or an approximate total time of 1.5 hrs. The last two sections would be about one-half hour for each case study which could be covered in individual practice and/or group review and feedback. This would total about 3.5 hrs since there are 7 case studies to be reviewed. Total time is a full day.
- Follow up coaching sessions could deal with successes and also any problems experienced. Coaching sessions can be either small groups or individual coaching.