Leadership for Physicians
MD Lead, Leadership for Physicians development program is a full scale one-year hands-on personalized leadership experience. It begins with a two-day immersion program designed for leaders to learn how to build and inspire teams, create a healthy culture, and implement change.
The MD Lead coaches are leaders who have successfully led large Healthcare organizations like Kaiser Permanente, academic medical centers, and National Institutes of Health. Our program is distinct from other programs by providing the participant direct access to national leaders/coaches with real world knowledge in the field of physician and organization leadership. For over 40 years, our company has successfully turned theory into practice by elevating teams, leaders, and organizations to become the best they can be.
- 2-day Immersion leadership training with concentration on teamwork, people leadership, time management, culture and change leadership
- One year of practical coaching by experienced physician leader – including structured sessions and available sounding board (unstructured sessions)
- Leadership assessments
- Interactive personal panel with nationally known medical/health leaders
- Access to top coaches
- Interaction with other physician leaders (learning cohort)
- Proven leadership training model developed and used by leading coaching firm and used for over 40 years
- Year-long program concentrating on leading change, affecting organization culture, and developing teams – skills needed to manage and lead physicians and other health care providers in today’s changing healthcare environment.
It begins with leadership assessment and immersion
Facilitated by The Hayes Group International, the MD LEAD program gives physicians the practical and hands-on tools they need to lead medical, health, and other organizations.
The two-day immersion will:
- produce leaders with greater self-awareness;
- create an individualized Leadership Development Plan;
- provide practical tools on how build trust, inspire others, and create a motivational environment.
The immersion session includes one-on-one coaching conversations and advice on how to deal effectively with other medical professionals.
MD LEAD Foundational Immersion Program
Prior to the 2-day program we conduct phone interviews with the physician’s peers, co- workers, and staff. Based on an accelerated learning model (recognizing how to best use the doctor’s time), the program consists of the following:
- 2-Day hands-on, immersion leadership training with experienced experts in leadership development and nationally known physician leaders within a learning cohort
- Conducted at the 19th century mansion Graylyn Estate (part of Wake Forest University Conference Center) in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Participants spend 2 days with a small learning cohort of physicians learning in a hands-on environment with skilled physician leaders
- Full 2-day session with evening dinners and one-on-one time with coaches
- Building Trust and Inspiring Teams – hands on interaction on techniques for effective teamwork (developing a leadership philosophy)
- Coaching and developing others – Communication for Results
- Video-recorded one-on-one feedback
- Creating a culture
- Behavioral fundamentals
- Culture assessment
- Self-awareness (afternoon/early evening one-on-one with coach)
- One-on-one review with an executive coach of the 360 assessment, phone interviews, DISC style profile, and other assessments
- Discussion of strengths and areas of growth
- Dinner with coaches
- Creating a culture (in a healthcare environment)
- Behavioral fundamentals
- Culture assessment
- Leading ChangeChange Style Indicator
- Change techniques for the 21st century
- Growing your influencing skills
- Video recorded feedback
- Self-Reflection (afternoon one-on-one with coach)
- Development of initial personal development plan with physician coach (one-on-one)
- Coaching with Physician coach
- Learning cohort and wrap-up dinner
The program continues with one-on-one coaching by a nationally recognized physician coach
Participants meet monthly with their coach via WebEx to provide accountability for the development plan, discuss team members, provide solutions to problems, and coach to more effective communication and culture change. Physician coaches are also available for calls beyond the structured sessions.
Mid-way in the program, participants are joined for a Panel Discussion and Learning (facilitated by leading physician leaders including discussion on health care trends in leadership and a question and answer period – linked electronically from locations across the United States)
Additionally, MD Lead hosts webinars and panel discussion that participants can join live or in a recorded format discussing topics of relevance to leadership.
The year ends with an on-site wrap-up meeting with participant and coach.
· Coaches/Facilitators/Panel Members
- Jack Cochran, MD – former executive director for Permanente of Kaiser Permanente. Led a physician practice of over 18,000 doctors. Author, speaker and thought leader on issues affecting healthcare
- Dan Sullivan, MD – professor emeritus of Duke University School of Medicine, professor at Yale University and leader at National Institutes of Health
- Jim Thompson, MD – former Dean of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine, former President and CEO The Federation of State of Medical Boards
· Resources provided:
- The Doctor Crisis: How Physicians Can, and Must, Lead the Way to Better Health Care by Jack Cochran, MD (A Hayes Physician Coach)
- Growing Physician Leaders: Empowering Doctors to Improve Our Healthcare by General Mark Hertling
- Start with Humility: Lessons from America’s Quiet CEOs on how to build trust and inspire others by Merwyn Hayes, PhD and Michael Comer, DM (A Hayes immersion facilitator)
Includes all materials and books, assessments, access to physician coaches, one year of monthly coaching meetings, coach on call, webinars and electronic panel discussions and year end wrap-up meeting on site with coach. Participants cover their own travel arrangements including lodging at Graylyn.
Diana Saluga – Program Manager – The Hayes Group International, Inc at 336-765-6764 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org