Off-Site Meetings: Aligning your team, goals & strategies
Hayes believes in meetings that are easy, practical, and actionable. Our Hayes consultants use off-site meetings as a catalyst to help your organization work as a team to clarify strategies and goals leading to a comprehensive and cohesive overall vision. We utilize a series of four off-site meetings (ranging from one to two days each) spread throughout the year. Each meeting has its own agenda and objectives that are customized to your organization and its needs. We work with you to determine the meeting outcomes, set an agenda that is aggressive but comprehensive, and actively facilitate the meeting allowing all attendees to participate.
Teamwork: Good to Great (Session 1)
The first session aims at building team dynamics and developing team action plans. A variety of tools and methods are used to get the team to answer the following ‘how’ questions:
- How do we best work together?
- How do we get there?
- How do we interface with the business and others?
- How do we build trust?
- How do we handle conflict?
- How do we influence without authority?
Focus on the Future (Session 2)
After the beginning of each of the remaining sessions the Hayes facilitator makes sure to check in with the group to determine if the actions laid out from the previous session are being met.
The second session covers refining and redefining the organization and team’s vision. Several questions are covered in this session to get the group aligned on their vision.
- Where are we going? What goals, actions and strategies do we need to get there?
- What is happening in our industry today that we need to be aware of?
- What is the list of trends that we need to consider building the future vision?
- Where do you see your team (and organization) in three years?
- What changes do we need to make in order for this vision to be possible?
- What concerns do people have regarding the present vision?
- What is the list of elements we need to consider in building the future vision?
Getting our Word Out (Session 3)
The third session involves looking at the communication and promotion from the team and organization, including creating and reviewing mind-maps.
- How do we communicate our vision to others?
- What are you hearing from the business? Leadership?
- What feedback was received regarding reviews of present strategy/vision?
- Using Mind Maps to answer the question – What are we missing?
- How do we simplify our message?
- Are we all on the same page?
- How do we best tell the story of our team? Organization?
Moving Forward (Session 4)
The fourth session serves as a concluding session to follow up on all the actions set in previous meetings and solidify the team. This meeting focuses on how to move the team forward in the future while implementing all that was learned in the last three meetings.
Our consultants help plan an interactive agenda, provide data through pre-meeting interviews (as needed) and use experience and facilitating skills to make your off-site productive. We also provide accountability for actions through our quarterly “check-in” process.Request Now